Message loudly and clearly received as Conor McGregor releases training footage
Conor McGregor has made his desired next step very, very clear.
"I have got my eyes on one thing and that's Floyd Mayweather," McGregor said at a Manchester Q&A session recently.
“That fight is being more than explored - it has been in the works for a while now. There are a lot of steps to get the fight done, but it’s the fight to make. It’s the one that people want and it’s the fight that I want.
“Me and Floyd have got to get together and talk the same way him and Manny Pacquiao figured it out.
“Once we come to a number, once we come to a set number that I’m happy with, that he’s happy with, then we go to the customers."
All signs are pointing towards the meeting of the two biggest draws in combat sports, with Mayweather also narrowing down his options to 'The Notorious' and 'The Notorious' alone.
"There’s a real offer to Floyd" - Dana White https://t.co/W2PU0csYkJ
— FootballJOE (@FootballJOE) January 14, 2017
Mayweather retired from the ring in 2015 with a perfect professional record of 49-0, equaling the record of all-time great Rocky Marciano, and 'Money' has since insisted that there is only one bout that would motivate him to dust off his old gloves.
"That’s the only fight that will get me back in the ring," Mayweather said of McGregor last week. "He’s going to do a job on his side and we are going to do a job on my side and hopefully all the fans in the UK come over and support me."
McGregor is clearly taking the challenge seriously as he's upped his boxing training in the hope of agreements being reached for what would be the most lucrative contest in combat sports history.
The reigning UFC lightweight champion posted the below footage of himself sparring on Wednesday night, where he showed off his pugilism skills in SBG.
We anxiously await Mayweather's response to the footage.
Catch up with this week's episode of 888sport Football Friday Live