Leicester fan handed prison sentence for assaulting three Nottingham Forest players 5 months ago

Leicester fan handed prison sentence for assaulting three Nottingham Forest players

He has also been given a banning order of 10 years

A Leicester City supporter who assaulted three Nottingham Forest players during the recent FA Cup match between the two sides has been sentenced to four months in prison at a young offenders’ institute.


Cameron Toner, 19, from Whetstone, Leicestershire, pleaded guilty to assaulting Forest's Keinan Davis, Brennan Johnson and Djed Spence.

Mr Toner, who will be released after two months and put on licence, was also given the maximum football banning order of 10 years.

As reported by The Athletic, the 19-year-old, who attended the match with his father, had been drinking Stella Artois and a cocktail of vodka, Southern Comfort and orange juice since 11am on the day of the match, which kicked off at 4pm.


He had also taken cocaine the night before the FA Cup tie, which took place on February 6.

During his appearance at Nottingham Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (February 24), Mr Toner apologised to both Leicester City and Nottingham Forest, as well as the respective supporters.

He said: "I was under the influence of alcohol, having started drinking at 11am. I was not myself.

"I wish to apologise to Nottingham Forest, their players and supporters. I also wish to apologise to my friends, my family and all those connected with Leicester City.


"It was probably the adrenaline that kicked in."

Prosecutor Sanjay Jerath said: "I am sure Leicester City do not condone this behaviour. He (Toner) has tarnished their reputation."


The assault occurred as Joe Worrall celebrated scoring his side’s third goal of match in the 32nd minute, with the home side eventually winning the tie 4-1 at the City Ground earlier this month.

Following the conclusion of the match, a Leicester City spokesman said: "The club is appalled by such behaviour and offers its apologies to Nottingham Forest and its players whose safety was compromised.

"We applaud the swift action taken by City Ground stewards in apprehending the individual involved, who will be subject to a lifetime ban from all Leicester City fixtures at home and away."

Steve Cooper's men progressed to the next round of the FA Cup thanks to goals from Philip Zinckernagel, Brennan Johnson, Worrall and Spence.

Forest will now host Huddersfield in the fifth round of the competition on March 7.


Related links: