‘I’m offended for you’
A pilot has expressed her annoyance after a gate agent at an airport assumed she was a flight attended – and not a pilot.
And apparently it wasn’t a one-off either.
Sabrina Johnson vented her anger about the incident on TikTok where it has been viewed 2.6m times.
“Gate agent looked me in the eye today and asked if I was the flight attendant,” she wrote, adding that it was, unfortunately, a “common occurrence”.
Sabrina Johnson added that the mix-up was so “jarring to me” because it came from staff members who worked at an airport, so they really should know a pilot’s uniform when they see one.
Despite the odd career bump, Sabrina has made it clear she loves her life in the air, which make up the the majority of the 22-year-old’s posts on the video-sharing platform.
Commenters on Sabrina’s post also thought it odd that anyone working at an airport wouldn’t instantly recognise a pilot’s uniform.
One person wrote: “As a flight attendant I’m offended for you. Unacceptable. They know our uniforms.”
Another suggested Sabrina should have replied: “Yah, it’s dress up like a pilot day.”
A third said she should have asked the staff member if they were the “janitor?’
Other women shared stories of times when someone had assumed they wouldn’t have a higher-up role because of their gender, with one saying she ran a business but a client told her she “shouldn’t be so arrogant because I was just an assistant”.
A software engineer wrote that. she was sick of “the amount of times men will assume I’m a designer”.
- Man kicked off plane for complaining about sitting next to obese man
- Man refuses to give up plane seat so husband can sit next to wife on birthday
- Woman calls for adults only flights after listening to a child cry during her journey
- Woman makes little girl cry by asking her to move seats on plane – and no one thinks she is wrong
- Passenger says she was cursed out all flight after refusing to switch seats with family
- Train passenger praised for ‘refusing to give up’ first-class seat to elderly lady