Avengers Endgame: try this HIIT workout from Chris Hemsworth's trainer Luke Zocchi
As a close personal friend and trainer to Chris Hemsworth, Luke Zocchi has built a reputation for developing results fit for the big screen
But even if you aren't setting your sights on stage, Zocchi's HIIT workout will whip you into shape in no time.
This workout blends high-intensity cardio with high-intensity resistance training and core bodyweight movements. The result is a full-body fat burner like no other.
You'll burn fat quickly while building lean muscle definition. Plus, this session carries a killer afterburn effect – meaning you'll keep burning energy and calories long after the workout has finished, even into the next day.
- To complete this session perform 45 seconds on, 15 seconds off for the following exercises
- Complete three rounds in total
Plank pike to pulse
- Begin in a forearm plank position, with your back straight and your glutes tucked in. Keeping your forearms in position, pulse your body forward so that you are on the tips of your toes and your shoulders are almost above your wrists
- Pulse back to the starting position, then lift your glutes and hips straight up to form a triangle shape with the ground. Lower back down and repeat
Side plank crunch
- Start in a side plank position, with your elbow and forearm on the ground underneath your shoulders
- Raise your top arm next to your ear, as if continuing the straight line of your body. Slightly raise your top leg, and then slowly and with control bring this knee and elbow together to crunch above your body
- Release and then repeat. Do one side for the entire round, then do the other side for the next round
- You will need weights for this one, but if you don't have them full water bottles will do
- Begin standing, holding your weights just above your shoulders. Sink down into a squat, keeping your knees in line with your ankles
- Then raise back up, pushing your weights straight above your head as you do so. Bring them down as you squat down again, and repeat
- You've probably done this movement before, but the trick to get max results is to move slowly and with control
- Start on your back, with hands linked under your head and knees raised and bent at a 90 degree angle
- Lift your right shoulder off the ground as you pull your left knee towards you, touching your right elbow to left knee. Lower back down, repeat for the left side and keep going
Kettlebell goblet squats
- You will need a kettlebell for this, but if you don't have one a heavy dumbbell or bag of rice will do
- Start standing, holding your weight just in front of your chest. Keeping your elbows by your side, lower down into a squat as if sitting on a chair
- You want to keep your knees in line with your ankles and go as deep as possible. Raise back up and repeat
Zocchi is just one of a number of trainers working alongside Hemsworth on personalised digital health and fitness app Centr.
This app provides daily workouts, meal plans and bonus content to help you become fitter and healthier.
Read more from JOE:
- James McAvoy's trainer shares the best exercises for getting in shape
- Schoolboy squats 376kg, breaks powerlifting record in the process
- Eddie Hall: former World's Strongest Man reveals how he lost 9kg in 17 days
- JOE employee loses 15 pounds in just three weeks by following this diet plan
- Does it matter what time of day you work out?
- Inside the 7000 calorie diet of one of Scotland's strongest men
- Chris Hemsworth's Avengers stuntman shares his core workout for abs of steel