Tyson Fury beats Dillian Whyte with sixth round stoppage 3 months ago

Tyson Fury beats Dillian Whyte with sixth round stoppage

Tyson Fury beat Dillian Whyte with a sixth round stoppage

Tyson Fury beat Dillian Whyte with a sixth round stoppage on Saturday night at Wembley Stadium in front of a sold-out crowd.


The long awaited fight at Wembley Stadium started in emphatic style as both fighters walked out to their chosen songs and received huge support from the 94,000 strong crowd. Whyte had initially been booed upon his first entrance, but was soon greeted with cheers as he edged closer to the ring.


The story of the fight

Round one saw Whyte surprisingly come out in a southpaw stance with both fighters looking to feel each other out and work out their strategy however Fury maintained his distance before landing two strong right hands, the latter catching the jaw of Whyte.

The 'Gypsy King' swapped is stance throughout the fight between orthodox and southpaw while Whyte appeared to change his stance back to an orthodox stance - which he seemed far more comfortable with.

Tyson Fury Dillian Whyte Credit: Getty

Whyte however continued to struggled with reaching Fury throughout the fight and began to let his hands swing but with no success throughout the first three rounds. Fury meanwhile seemed to be having more success in the early rounds, however none of his shots seemed to cause significant damage to the 'Body Snatcher."

Both fighters were spoken to ahead of the start of the fifth round following the tactics implemented by the two fighters. Fury caught Whyte with a great shot at the start of the fourth which inflicted a cut on the right eye of the 'Body Snatcher' and caused him some trouble.

Whyte then had his first real hit towards the end of the fifth after the 'Gypsy King' caught him with a strong shot, causing his legs to briefly give way, however he was able to hang on until the end of the round but still failed to show any sign of pressure.


However the fight was all over in the sixth round after Fury was able to catch Whyte with a strong right uppercut, causing the challenger to fall to the floor.

Despite being able to stand up, the 'Body Snatcher' struggled to walk forward and the referee eventually waved off the fight, which confirmed a convincing victory for Fury on his homecoming return.

Related links: