
News
Share
Published 09:45 1 Apr 2023 BST
Updated 09:45 1 Apr 2023 BST

Andrew Tate has said he holds "no resentment" over his arrest and incarceration after being released from prison on Friday and believes "justice will be served".
The 36-year-old was freed, along with his brother Tristan, and two Romanian women who were arrested along with them on 29 December. The Tate brothers have been kept in custody while authorities investigate them on suspicion of alleged human trafficking and forming an organised crime group.
The kickboxer-turned-influencer was set to remain in custody until April 29 after the court extended the group's incarceration by another 30 days, but after appealing that decision to the Court of Appeal in Bucharest, the group were released and put under house arrest.
Local media waited outside Tate's residency, where he later appeared and spoke to reporters.
In his statement, which has been shared on Twitter, Tate said: "The judges who heard us today, they were very attentive, they listened to us and they let us know, so I have absolute respect for them.
"I have no resentment in my heart for the country of Romania over anybody else, I just believe in the truth. I believe in god and I think that the fire of the truth will destroy all lies and anybody who lies over a long enough time frame will feel regret. I truly believe that justice will be served in the end, there is zero per cent chance of me being found guilty of something I have not done."
Tate went on to reiterate his innocence, saying: "I maintain my absolute innocence and I think most people understand this. I look forward to being home, so thank you very much everyone."
When asked what his plans for the next few days were, Tate replied: "When I was in jail I did 7,417 push-ups, I would like to get to 10,000 before the end of the weekend. I will focus on the push-ups and I will read the Quran. Thank you."
Following his and Tristan's releases, a spokesperson for the pair told the Mirror: "We are ecstatic to announce the Romanian judicial system approved Andrew and Tristan Tate's appeal against last week's extension decision."
In late December, Romanian officials raided a property owned by Tate's, seizing assets of which officials valued at around $3.9m (£3.1m).
The Tate brothers deny all of the allegations against them.
Related links:
Explore more on these topics:
Russia accused again of incursion by NATO member
Countries see these incursions as ‘provocations’ Russia has been accused on Friday by a NATO member of an incursion into its airspace, as the country has continued its attacks on Ukraine. Just a day earlier, the defence ministry of another NATO member, Romania, said that its radar system detected a group of aerial targets near […]
News
1 day ago
Royal shipwreck carrying Charles I’s treasure found off Scotland after 400 years
A centuries-old royal treasure hunt may be over A 30-year search for a lost royal ship may finally be over, after volunteers in Scotland identified what they believe could be the wreck of a vessel that disappeared almost four centuries ago. First reported by The Mirror, the discovery was made by members of Burntisland Heritage, […]
News
2 days ago
News
Travelodge safety failures: The key card scandal behind a chief executive’s exit
News