After reviewing footage, NSAC to file complaint against Conor McGregor as well as Khabib Nurmagomedov 2 years ago

After reviewing footage, NSAC to file complaint against Conor McGregor as well as Khabib Nurmagomedov

Conor McGregor finds himself in the Nevada State Athletic Commission's bad books yet again.

It initially looked like McGregor would escape punishment following the melee which marred the main event of UFC 229 after the NSAC decided to give 'The Notorious' his cheque but withhold payment from Khabib Nurmagomedov.

McGregor was paid his $3 million on Saturday night but Nurmagomedov has yet to be paid after the commission looked at footage of the brawl which saw the Russian jump out of the Octagon to confront Dillon Danis and several members of Nurmagomedov's team rush the cage to attack McGregor.

The original footage reviewed by the NSAC seemingly made McGregor look like the victim but upon subsequent examination of different camera angles of the incident, it's been decided to file complaints against both men involved in the main event.

"We will be filing against Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov," NSAC chairman Anthony Marnell told ESPN. "Because we withheld one purse, we will have to move expeditiously to a complaint and hearing.

"We have held 100 percent of one of the fighter's money. Temporary suspensions will be out shortly, and we're shooting for a final hearing date in November."


McGregor could be seen throwing a punch from the top of the cage in the new footage of the brawl so he will likely be suspended and fined, having previously been in hot water with the NSAC for his infamous press conference with Nate Diaz which ended with both fighters throwing cans and bottles at one another.

Nurmagomedov also faces the possibility of being stripped of his lightweight title by the UFC if he is hit with a lengthy suspension.

"Both," Marnell said when asked whether the Russian would be facing a fine or suspension. "It's always both. We could do one or the other, but at least in the chair's mind, I think the commission will be entertaining a recommendation from the attorney general that will include both."

The individual in the red t-shirt who blindsided McGregor with a sucker-punch after entering the Octagon is facing severe legal repercussions for the assault.