Search icon


11th May 2023

Teen poured boiling water over love-rival and stabbed her in viral Snapchat live

Steve Hopkins

Police were called by someone watching the video

A woman who live-streamed an attack in which she poured boiling water over a love rival before stabbing her in the leg has been jailed.

Princess Owusu-Ansah used her phone to record herself stabbing her ex-pal – who has not been named – in the leg and dumping a searing kettle of water on her as she screamed in pain.

The 18-year-old was jailed for three years at Croydon Magistrates’ Court.

On 2 February, Owusu-Ansah let herself into her former friend’s East Dulwich home and accused her of seeing her boyfriend.

Footage shared on social media shows the victim scrambling to pull a duvet over herself for protection as Owusu-Ansah, from Royston, Hertfordshire, started to throw punches.

A woman can then be seen propping a phone on a table in the victim’s bedroom, before rushing towards her with a kettle.

She then chucks the boiling water at the victim, who falls between the bed and the wall screaming.

Owusu-Ansah is heard yelling “don’t embarrass me” and “don’t piss me off, I’ve got a knife” before climbing on the bed and bashing the weapon against the wall.

The woman begged “please, please” as Owusu-Ansah hit the blade against the victim.

According to a report by The Sun, Owusu-Ansah filmed the woman’s bloody hand as she screamed: “Say sorry. Apologise for trying to f*** my man.”

Owusu-Ansah also trashed the woman’s room, smashing sentimental items.

The survivor managed to flee to the street and call for help, and was later treated at Kings College Hospital south east London for non-life threatening stab wounds.

A member of the public saw the video while it was live-streaming and called police.

At Inner London Crown Court Owusu-Ansah pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm with intent and criminal damage.

Claudette Hamilton, senior crown prosecutor at the CPS London South, said after the conviction that the victim feared for her life.

She added: “Owusu-Ansah has pleaded guilty to stabbing her former friend. She turned up at the victim’s home and put her in absolute fear for her life. “

Whilst this was happening, she gratuitously recorded the events on her mobile phone and posted this on social media.

“I hope that with these early guilty pleas and a sentence date fixed, the victim feels that we are well on the way to justice being delivered.”