
News
Share
Published 10:01 18 Aug 2026 BST
Updated 10:01 18 Aug 2026 BST

Social media accounts on TikTok and Snapchat have posted the final video posted by one of the five teenage boys killed on the M9, Kamil Pustkowski (17) from Limerick.
Some of the young men are thought to be linked to the Lucky Dip gang, who have been alleged to steal cars and break into houses.
In the video, the car, a stolen BMW taken from Carlow Town, can be seen driving on a dark road with muffled chatter in the car as blue lights flash from a Garda car flash behind them.
The video is one of dozens where young people allegedly steal cars and then post their exploits online.
A TikTok account associated with Jack Kennedy, found by JOE, posted a video inside a car being followed by two garda vehicles. The car is driven down a motorway on-ramp, pulling the handbrake and driving into oncoming traffic, with a “waving hand” emoji featuring in the video, to display losing Gardai who could not follow.
Online tributes have been posted to the young men on both social media sites. One stating: "I love u bro still heart broke bro crying all morning this will stick wi me forever."
Post-mortem examinations will be carried out throughout the week on the bodies of Joey Carthy (15) and Jack Kennedy (17) from Athy, Co Kildare; Alex McCarthy (17) and his cousin Jeremy O’Brien (18) from Carlow; and Kamil Pustkowski (17) from Limerick.
Three women and a seven-year-old boy in the Hyundai have been hospitalised with injuries ranging from serious to critical following the crash.
The women and child were on their way to the airport for a family wedding in the UK at the time of the crash which occurred shortly after 3am near Moone, Co Kildare, on the northbound lane.

Garda Commissioner Justin Kelly has hit out at the “irresponsible and dangerous driving” behaviour which he said was all the more appalling because in some cases it was being done “for social-media likes”.
Coimisiún na Meán confirmed it is in contact with TikTok, to obtain more information about the content related to dangerous driving.
Tiktok say they are closely monitoring content related to the deaths on the M9 motorway in the early hours of Sunday morning.
It added that it is removing videos and accounts that break its rules.
Russia tells Britain it will pay a price for UK drones used in strikes
‘The deeper the involvement, the higher the price’ Russia has accused Britain of “deliberately opting for an escalation of the Ukraine crisis”, warning that it will pay a price. A military source told BBC News that UK drones built by two separate British companies had been used in strikes on targets inside Russian territory. In […]
News
just now
British man charged for attempted murder of woman in France
She was left critically injured Following an attack that left a 60-year-old woman critically injured, a 49-year-old British man in Nice has been charged with attempted murder. As LBC reported, the alleged attack was said to have taken place just after midnight on Sunday in the French city, and it was thwarted by by one […]
News
2 min
News
Israeli minister calls for the killing of ’30 to 40′ Palestinians per night
News