We're looking for the best Multimedia Journalists - details here
JOE.co.uk is the smart, current and edgy digital destination for British men, boasting a rapidly growing audience of 6 million unique users each month.
In just ten months, JOE.co.uk has amassed a social following of over 3 million across Facebook and Twitter, with a dedicated focus on building a community for British men to share their personal stories, experiences and opinions.
JOE.co.uk writes for every British man and caters for their every interest. Whether it’s trending sports headlines, the best entertainment news and exclusives, fitness and health features, or the latest life stories, we have our finger firmly on the pulse.
After establishing ourselves as a major player in UK digital publishing in 2015, JOE Media – the parent company of JOE.co.uk – is now searching for the right individuals to grow our talented editorial team.
Who you are and what you can offer:
- Passionate about digital media and tech savvy. We are a socially centric organisation with a strong emphasis on mobile journalism.
- Social media enthusiast - both professionally and personally. Wherever the JOE.co.uk audience is, you will be there too, providing the best user engagement.
- Strong knowledge of current affairs with a keen eye for a story. Familiar with all news-gathering services – traditional, apps and all other platforms.
- An experienced writer with at least two years' experience, you must also be able to demonstrate a capacity for sub-editing.
- Able to meet strict deadlines and respond immediately to breaking news.
- Possessing first-class communication skills, you must be able to seamlessly adapt to working as part of a team across four cities in three different countries.
- Bursting with ideas and initiative, you will take ownership of your stories and ensure the highest standards are maintained.
- Contributing to written and video content diaries through ideas generation and individual timetable management.
- Be a model representative of JOE Media at events and interviews, building lasting relationships.
- Engage with the JOE.co.uk audience on social media, monitoring interactions and seeking new ways in which to improve the user experience.
- Be an effective team player, working closely with the other websites in our network to syndicate content.
- Pursuing opportunities to bring exclusive content to JOE.co.uk.
- You must demonstrate an understanding of journalism law and procedures.
- A grounding in Photoshop and video-editing is desirable.