‘Give the people what they want!’
Nigel Farage has responded to the backlash over his appearance on this year’s I’m A Celeb by sharing a video of Ant and Dec giving him their ‘approval.’
Many people have said they will not be boycotting the show this year in protest against ITV’s decision to book the 59-year-old.
In response to this backlash, the former UKIP and Brexit Party leader has shared a clip of hosts Ant and Dec seemingly giving their approval for him to appear in the jungle.
In a video clip posted on social media, Farage wrote: “Give the people what they want!” alongside a side eye emoji before tagging Ant and Dec.
During last year’s series, Ant and Dec would often hold live video chats on social media in which they responded to viewers’ questions and opinions.
When one follower suggested Farage would be a good campmate, Ant replied: “That is a very very good idea. Very good idea,” with Dec adding: “I’d like to see that.”
In response to the backlash, ITV said in a statement: “I’m A Celebrity has always featured a diverse cast from all areas of public life and has a history of featuring political figures throughout its 20 years on screen.
“As with any camp mate, viewers are invited to form their own opinions when the show begins on Sunday.”
Farage, who has never been an MP, will be entering the jungle this year alongside nine other famous faces as the show gears up for its 23rd series.
The ten campmates were officially confirmed by ITV on Monday night, with the likes of Jamie-Lynn Spears, Josie Gibson and Fred Sirieix also taking part.
I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here kicks off on November 19 at 9pm on ITV1.