Four outlets have been banned
Erik ten Hag has accused media outlets of “going behind” Manchester United’s back in his latest press conference.
On Tuesday it was reported that four media outlets had been banned from the club’s pre-Chelsea conference after they released a story about members of the squad questioning Ten Hag’s position as manager.
Sky Sports chief reporter Kaveh Solhekhol, the Manchester Evening News’ chief Manchester United correspondent Samuel Luckhurst, The Mirror’s David McDonnell and Rob Dawson of ESPN were all reportedly blocked from joining.
Asked about the situation, Ten Hag said, via Manchester Evening News: “They should have come to us first and not go behind our back printing articles that is not the right thing.
“We have a good relationship, they come to us beforehand, we have a debate about it.”
Ten Hag then firmly denied the speculation and insisted he has the support of the player.
“No, of course there are always in every team players who are not playing who are not as happy, not different as normal, you have to wait for the chance and that can come, but there are no issues,” he clarified.
“Every time the team is there, showed great character, great determination, resilience so we are together. You can see you can’t play such great football as we did recently without unity.
- Man United’s players question four of Erik ten Hag’s signings
- Man United enlist Clarkson’s Farm star Kaleb Cooper to fix pitch
- Gary Neville says he doesn’t want to watch Man United anymore