One journalist from one of the outlets
A journalist has confirmed that several media outlets have been banned from attending Erik ten Hag’s press conference by Manchester United.
Samuel Luckhurst, the chief Manchester United writer for the Manchester Evening News, confirmed on X that the outlet was one of several to be denied access to the conference ahead of the club’s game against Chelsea on Wednesday night.
Three other outlets have been banned but they have not been named.
Just last month another outlet was banned after they reported that Ten Hag was on “thin ice”.
As per the report, a United spokesperson told the paper that the ban had been imposed as the club was not approached for comment on a story that said Ten Hag is losing the confidence of some players over his tactics and signings.
On Monday they claimed that Ten Hag was losing the confidence of his players, who had questioned as many as four of his signings.
A player – who hasn’t been named – is said to be ‘particularly perplexed’ by the £72million addition of Rasmus Hojlund this summer.
Antony, Wout Weghorst and Mason Mount are the other alleged names.
One dressing room source said the situation is “so bad” while some senior United players have expressed concern at the direction of the club.
Meanwhile, Sky Sports suggested that the Dutchman had “lost about 50 per cent of the dressing room.”
- Man United’s players question four of Erik ten Hag’s signings
- Gary Neville says he doesn’t want to watch Man United anymore
- Three Manchester United players under threat as club eyes January transfers