R.E.M’s Michael Stipe is said to have performed the ceremony
The offspring of the famous Nirvana frontman – who died in April 1994 – and the most famous skateboarder of all time are now man and wife, according to documents seen by TMZ.
Riley Hawk, 30, and Frances Bean Cobain, 31, announced they were dating in 2022, with the romance being confirmed by Cobain, a visual artist and model, in January of that year, in a series of photos on Instagram.
One image showed the couple sitting in front of a Christmas tree flashing with beaming smiles while holding a small dog.
Another shows them cuddled up together, with Tony and his wife, Catherine Goodman doing the same nearby.
Hawk, who followed in his dad’s footsteps to become a professional skateboarder, commented on the post: “Happy New Year my love!”
People were all for the celebrity pairing, with one writing: “If they had a child, their grandparents would be two of the largest icons from the nineties. Insane.”
Another shared: “OK this is legitimately good news for humanity.”
According to TMZ, the couple got a marriage licence in September and married in Los Angels on 7 October.
The outlet further reported that former R.E.M frontman, Michael Stipe, performed the ceremony.
Stipe is Cobain’s godfather. Drew Barrymore is her godmother.
The wedding to Hawk is Cobain’s second. She filed for divorce from musician Isaiah Silva, in March 2016.
- Groom reveals wife cheated on him with best man in brutal wedding speech
- Groom shocks wedding by playing video of his bride cheating with her brother-in-law
- Best man caught out lusting over bridesmaid on hot mic in viral wedding video
- Groom slammed for going to own wedding to bride, 16, in jeans and t-shirt
- Bride asks for divorce day after wedding following groom’s disrespectful cake stunt
- Groom shoots friend dead by mistake after firing shot in celebration at his wedding
- Woman sells ‘cheating’ ex-fiancé’s family heirloom ring to cover wedding costs