Jamal Edwards' fans gather for night vigil as friends say he 'died of heart attack' 4 months ago

Jamal Edwards' fans gather for night vigil as friends say he 'died of heart attack'

The young entrepreneur passed away on Sunday

More than a thousand people gathered for Jamal Edwards' vigil in Acton, West London on Monday evening to pay tribute to the late media mogul, who passed away suddenly on Sunday, February 20.


The SBTV founder, YouTube pioneer and all-around media entrepreneur is said to have died from "sudden illness" according to a statement from his mum, Brenda. Edwards was just 31.


While the exact nature of his death has not yet been detailed, close friends are said to have heard from family members that a heart attack may have been the cause of death, according to reports.

A number of musicians including Ed Sheeran, Jessie J, Dave and many more were quick to share their tributes following the tragic announcement, with Edwards responsible for helping launch so many careers in the British music industry.


Speaking to the Mail Online, friend Dwayne, who attended Acton High School with Edwards, said: "The details are still a still not clear but we've been told that it was a heart attack.

"He was out DJing on Saturday night and eventually got home in the early hours of Sunday morning", says the secondary school friend. Another friend claimed they'd "heard from relatives that he had a sudden heart attack but what caused it, I just don't know."


Many sources had reported seeing him just days before his passing, "laughing and joking" and giving no indication as to any health problems.

Edwards is said to have been DJing at the Bubba Oasis social club in Angel, north London on Saturday night, before coming home late that night/in the early hours of the following morning.

According to the same report in the Mail Online, his mother Brenda Edwards is said to have found him in his bedroom and London Ambulance Service confirmed they were called to the house they shared at 9.34am on Sunday morning.

Two paramedics in fast response cars and an advanced responder in critical care attended the scene but were sadly unable to resuscitate Edwards. Further information as to whether a heart attack was sustained is still to be confirmed.

Related links: