
Sport
Share
Published 14:42 25 Mar 2021 GMT

"Faced with the situation where the state authorities did not react after the request of the AFA for the release of spaces on the perimeter of the National Stadium, we request urgent response to these structures.
"The cancellation of the Albania-England match would have catastrophic consequences for the image of our country, the National Team and in general for Albanian Football."
Whilst the game will take place behind closed doors, there are currently no lockdown measures in place in Albania so many are expected to fill bars and restaurants to watch the game. The AFA had requested for the game to be played in front of a 30% capacity crowd (approximately 6,500 people) but this has been denied by the Albanian government. Meanwhile a spokesperson for the FA here has said that they have not been informed of any issues at this stage, with officials in London of the opinion that "the matter is an internal dispute between Albanian authorities." If the game were to be called off at such short notice it would almost certainly result in a hefty fine and points deduction for Albania, with England potentially being awarded a 3-0 win. Gareth Southgate's men kick off their qualification campaign for the 2022 Qatar World Cup on Thursday against San Marino, the lowest ranked team in world football, so will be extremely keen to play the match on Sunday for a sterner footballing test. They are due to arrive in Tirana on Saturday.Spurs open talks for Man City duo Savinho and Omar Marmoush
Why Savinho and Marmoush are available Tottenham are in talks with Manchester City over a double deal for forwards Savinho and Omar Marmoush, with negotiations between the clubs progressing but no agreement yet reached. The move, revealed on Thursday morning, would hand Roberto De Zerbi the attacking reinforcements he has spent the summer transfer window […]
Sport
1 day ago
Pogba Leaves Monaco After Contract Terminated a Year Early
Pogba Leaves Monaco After Contract Terminated a Year Early Paul Pogba has left Monaco after one season, with the Ligue 1 club terminating a contract that ran until June 2027. Monaco said the deal had been ended early because objectives set by both parties had only been "partially achieved", according to BBC Sport. The 33-year-old […]
Sport
1 day ago
Sport
Quiz: Can you name every team to ever play in the Premier League?
Sport