Prince Andrew 'worried' after High Court decision and 'not usual blasé self', according to reports
Prince Andrew is currently hiding in Balmoral
Prince Andrew is reportedly not his usual "blasé self" and is "worried" about the High Court's ruling.
Following the High Court's announcement on Monday that it will serve US court papers to Prince Andrew, sources have revealed that the Duke of York is no longer confident in his chances, reports the Mirror.
Virginia Giuffre was a former sex traffic victim of the late paedophile Jeffrey Epstein. She has accused the Duke, 61, of raping her three times when she was only 17.
Legal experts have predicted she could be awarded around £14 million if she wins, according to the Mirror.
A source told the newspaper: “He’s not been his usual blasé self, acting like everything is in hand.
“The issue has suddenly become very pressing, and there is a distinct tension in the air."
The Queen is also staying at Balmoral with Prince Andrew, who was seen playing with his dogs alongside his ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson.
Another source said that there had been a recent "dramatic shift in mood" since the reality is "that this could not go away for many months, if not years". The source also confirmed that the sudden drop in mood could relate to the millions of pounds in payout and legal fees.
A separate source added: “The stark reality is that the Duke and his team need to face the fact they need to address this.”
Court papers were reportedly given to a Police Officer outside Windsor Great Park, which Andrew's team used to delay proceedings.
But Guiffre’s lawyer David Boies said: “We are hopeful that Prince Andrew will now stop trying to evade and delay facing his accuser in court.
“The bottom line is Andrew is being served. He cannot refuse.”
- Prince Andrew has been offered $100 million to take lie detector test on live TV
- Prince Andrew is a ‘person of interest’ for prosecutors in Epstein case
- Ghislaine Maxwell prepared to give evidence in Prince Andrew sexual assault lawsuit