Man who filmed racist England rant on Facebook banned from local pub 3 months ago

Man who filmed racist England rant on Facebook banned from local pub

"If he was to come back here, we would actually say to him to stay away"

A plasterer who filmed himself giving a racist rant about England's Black players following their Euro 2020 final defeat to Italy has been banned from his local pub.

Advertisement

The man, named Brad Pretty, posted a video on his Facebook page in which he spouted racist bile about Bukayo Saka, Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho after they missed spot kicks in the penalty shootout.

With a St George's cross painted on his face, Pretty told the camera: "Where do I start, where do I start? Sick, gutted like all of us. Proper deflated. Gotta be proud of the boys, be proud, but anyone and everyone that knows me well will understand what I’m talking about."

He then goes on to describe the trio of England players who missed as "w**s" and "c***s" and says that they "fucked it for us."

It has now emerged that he has been banned from his local pub for the vile abuse

The manager of the local told The Sun: "I was shocked when I saw the video of Brad. He is usually okay and seems like a nice normal guy.

"We weren't impressed at all. He's obviously drunk and ruined his whole life with a one minute video.

Advertisement

"If he was to come back here, we would actually say to him to stay away for a little while because we do not stand for that at all."

Pretty has since deleted his Facebook account, and was arrested by police on Tuesday on suspicion of a malicious communications offence.

Chief Superintendent Warren Franklin of Kent Police said: "On the afternoon of Tuesday 13 July 2021 Kent Police received a referral from the national policing lead for Euro 2020 relating to an offensive video that had been posted on social media.

"Later that day officers attended an address in Folkestone and arrested a 49-year-old man on suspicion of a malicious communications offence. He was taken into custody pending further enquiries.

"Kent Police will continue to keep the national policing lead updated and will respond accordingly to any other similar incidents that may be reported to us."

Advertisement