JOE.co.uk is looking for a new Editor - details here
JOE.co.uk is the smart, current and edgy digital destination for British men, boasting a rapidly growing audience of 6 million unique users each month.
In just ten months, JOE.co.uk has amassed a social following of over 3 million across Facebook and Twitter, with a dedicated focus on building a community for British men to share their personal stories, experiences and opinions.
JOE.co.uk writes for every British man and caters to their every interest. Whether it’s trending sports headlines, the best entertainment news and exclusives, fitness and health features, or the latest life stories, we have our finger firmly on the pulse.
With current Editor Matthew Stanger moving over to head up our new sports site launching in March 2016, JOE Media – the parent company of JOE.co.uk – is now searching for the right individual to lead our talented editorial team.
Who you are and what you can offer:
- Passionate about digital media and tech savvy. We are a socially centric organisation with a strong emphasis on mobile journalism.
- Social media enthusiast. Wherever the JOE.co.uk audience is, you will be there too, developing our tone of voice and constantly seeking new ways to expand our social impact.
- Strong knowledge of current affairs with a keen eye for a story. Familiar with all news-gathering services – traditional, apps and all other platforms.
- An experienced writer and sub-editor with keen attention to detail.
- Highly organised with exceptional time management, and with the initiative to react to the rapidly changing environment of digital journalism.
- Exceptional communication skills to inspire and manage a team across four cities in three different countries and establish content syndication across our portfolio of websites.
- An ideas-driven innovator, with a strong focus on the continuous evolution of digital media. You must be adaptable to change and aware of the latest social and technological trends.
- A leader and an effective manager, who understands the needs of the editorial team and the wider objectives of JOE Media.
- Work closely with JOE Media management to formulate written and video content strategy.
- Generate and implement editorial plans for every quarter – highlighting any commercial opportunities within these periods.
- Mould and grow a team of talented multimedia journalists to deliver industry-leading content across all formats.
- Demonstrate commitment to the highest standards of user experience - a background in digital journalism and experience in a senior editorial role is essential.
- Collaborate with JOE Media’s Business Development and Client Services teams across multiple campaigns, from ideas generation to execution.
- Build and maintain relationships with brands, PRs, broadcasters, film distributors and editorial talent – bringing high-profile columnists on board and gaining the best exclusive interviews.
- Monitor all material housed both on and off platform, formulating robust policy documentation and recognising opportunities to develop our tone of voice through social engagement.
- Provide regular, detailed analytics reports to JOE Media management, highlighting ways to improve our content and user experience.
- Management of social budget to ensure effective ROI.
- Work closely with the other websites in our network to syndicate content and develop editorial strategy.