Social media star dies age 27 after choking on a kebab and falling into a coma three months ago
She had 1.5m followers on Instagram
A social media star has died three months after she choked on a pork kebab and entered a coma.
Thai internet celebrity Arisara Karbdecho passed away on June 6, and was left in a vegetative state after choking on moo ping with sticky rice and collapsing, Asia One reports.
News of her death was revealed on Facebook by her friend.
Karbdecho's mother said that on the day she choked she had been eating her meal hurriedly which resulted in food getting stuck in her windpipe.
She collapsed and was rushed to hospital, but doctors said she had "arrived nine minutes too late," and that her brain had been fatally starved of oxygen.
She remained on life support during her time in hospital before her machine was eventually switched off at 12:50pm on June 6.
She had not posted to either of her pages since early March.
According to her friend's Facebook post, a wake for Karbdecho will be held on June 10 with her funeral set to take place the following day.
Her most recent Instagram post now has more than 2,000 comments mourning her death.
- Boxer dies in hospital after fighting invisible opponent during title fight
- Chaos as social media star nearly burns kitchen down during online marathon
- Heartbreak as corrections officer dies following Brazilian butt lift from unlicensed doctor