Rockstar Games is looking to hire full time game testers
Would you like to be paid for playing video games? Of course you would
We all have a mate who spends far too much time gaming. That one friend within your group who had 40 days playtime on Modern Warfare 2, has already completed Read Dead Redemption 2 and has a Football Manager save going on the side. If you don't, it's probably you.
If that is you, then don't be disheartened by that slightly patronising introduction, because Rockstar Games have the job for you.
The creators of Grand Theft Auto are now hiring full time game testers in the UK. There is one hitch though, the jobs are only available in Lincoln.
Still, if you don't mind living there, and fit the description of a “passionate, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual”, then Rockstar would love for you to join their QA team.
The job would entail playing a lot of video games, which is obviously lots of fun, but it's not all glitz and glamour. You'd also have to explore the same areas on games searching for glitches until you can't distinguish between the virtual world and reality, and then you'd have to spend hours filing reports on your findings so the developers can make the necessary amends.
If you're still interested, you can apply here. Rockstar are looking for someone with degree level education and previous industry experience, although it's not essential. Also, obviously, you have to be over the age of 18.
The only necessary 'qualifications' are:
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- A keen interest in video games.
- Excellent gaming ability.
- An interest in and understanding of the video game industry.
The 'skills' you'll need include:
- The ability to work well under workload pressure and to strict deadlines.
- The motivation to achieve targets.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to become quickly accustomed to various in-house software systems.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively, respecting others' opinions.
- The ability to remain focused when approaching repetitive tasks.