If it’s the end of an era – what an era it’s been.
It looks like Manchester City‘s overzealous spending has finally caught up with them, and when you look back at their transfer history in recent years it’s easy to see why.
Since the millions were injected into the club from 2008 onwards, City have been splashing the cash like its nobody’s business.
Four managers have been at helm since the cash flow quadrupled and each of these gaffers have made some brilliant, and frankly shocking, decisions in the transfer market.
This quiz will make you say phrases like “Oh I forgot about him” or “I didn’t know he even played for City” and other such sentences that would be muttered when one’s memory is jogged.
The real question is – how closely have you been paying attention to the wheelings and dealings of the blue half of Manchester?
We all remember the obvious ones like Robinho, Sergio Aguero and Raheem Sterling, but what about your Wilfred Bonys, Benjanis and the like?
We’re not saying that if you get full marks in this quiz then you don’t have a life, but we’re legally obliged to suggest that you get some more sunshine, and turn off Sky Sports News every once in a while.
- Case against Man City’s financial breaches could take years to resolve
- Gary Neville says he has ‘some sympathy’ for Man City
- Premier League clubs reportedly want the strongest punishment possible for Man City if found guilty
- Erik ten Hag refuses to comment on Man City charges
Here are some other quizzes that you might be interested in:
- The barely believable transfer history quiz of Chelsea football club
- The ultimate Gaelic football quiz 2022
- QUIZ: Name the all-time leading scorers from each 2022 World Cup country
- If you can name every stadium in our GAA ground quiz you deserve an All-Ireland medal
- The SportsJOE Friday Pub Quiz: Week 1
- Teammates XI Quiz: Italy: 2006 World Cup Final