Tyson Fury says he's planning on fighting Mike Tyson or The Rock
The Gypsy King has confirmed he will fight again
Tyson Fury has revealed that he is planning to fight Mike Tyson or The Rock in an exhibition fight, which he says is for "pure entertainment."
Fury was speaking on Good Morning Britain on Wednesday where he was asked what the future would hold and if he would be tempted to come out of retirement.
And the 33-year-old revealed that he is looking at taking on exhibition-style matches and had a number of names he would be keen to fight.
"In an exhibition you can fight old-timers, famous people, whoever you want. I'm looking at fighting Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Frank Bruno, whoever," he said.
"The Rock, Dwayne Johnson, that would be fantastic. You never know who we could be fighting on one of these shows but that's what I'm open to in the upcoming future."
— Good Morning Britain (@GMB) June 15, 2022
The Gypsy King announced his retirement from boxing in the wake of his dismantling of Dillian Whyte at Wembley on April 23rd, but new developments will call this into question.
Earlier this week, Fury played down reports he is set to come out of retirement and fight the winner of the upcoming rematch between Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua.
The rematch between Usyk and Joshua is expected to be announced imminently, and is believed to be taking place on August 20 in the Saudi capital of Jeddah.
The Daily Mail had claimed that Fury had been approached by representatives from Saudi Arabia about facing the winner of the fight the night before the World Cup final in Qatar on December 17th.
Sources close to the Saudi government seemed excited by the prospect of a rematch and labelled it a "generation-defining event."
— JOE (@JOE_co_uk) April 20, 2022
They said: "Now the eyes of the world will be firmly on the Kingdom for Joshua v Usyk as a prequel to Tyson Fury against the victor for the undisputed crown, a generation-defining event comparable to Muhammad Ali's Rumble In the Jungle."
But the 'Gypsy King' dismissed these claims, exclusively telling FightJOE that the reports were "rubbish".
However, in a brand new interview given to The Lowdown, an interview series commissioned by Fury's promoter Frank Warren, Fury said he has something "very exciting" lined up for the near future.
What that "exciting" development proves to be is not yet clear.
Fury was quick to point out that it doesn't involve Anthony Joshua or Oleksandr Usyk, but when pressed, The Gypsy King said he would potentially unify the heavyweight division if the price was right.
"When this middleweight knocks out this bodybuilder again... there's only gonna be one man to sort this circus out!"@Tyson_Fury discusses a potential fight with the winner of Usyk v Joshua but warns there will be a cost 💰
Watch IN FULL 🎥 https://t.co/j5fF3RYvyS
— Frank Warren (@frankwarren_tv) June 14, 2022
In addition to fighting the winner of Joshua versus Usyk, Fury has been rumoured to be interested in a crossover clash with UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou, who jumped into the ring after Fury's win over Whyte.
He has also entertained the idea of returning to the WWE, potentially going up against Scottish superstar Drew McIntyre.
What the future holds for Fury - and the rest of the heavyweight division - remains to be seen.