It’s the England way
Ever since 1966, international tournaments have been somewhat of a recurring theme for England.
Get excited, beat a couple teams, think it’s going to be a breeze and then BOOM… going out in the knockout rounds.
The Three Lions have very much been the bridesmaid and never the bride since Sir Alf Ramsay and co’s success in ’66. In some cases, they haven’t even received an invitation.
So to celebrate that, we’re giving you five minutes to name every side who have knocked out England since 1966.
Before you begin though, a few things to note:
- We’ve not included group stage exits as there were be too much controversy about which team it was that officially knocked England out.
- We’ve not included any years where England failed to qualify for the finals altogether.
I’d expect you to get the majority of these in all honesty – especially the recent ones – but there will still be the odd curveball to throw you off no doubt.
Anyway, best of luck!
If the link doesn’t work, then click here.
More quizzes here:
- Quiz: Name every team who’ve knocked Man United out of Europe since 1993/94
- Quiz: Name every Premier League stadium from the 22/23 season
- QUIZ: Only the biggest die-hard will get full marks in this Premier League quiz
- Quiz: Name every team to have played in the Premier League
- Quiz: Name every Premier League captain in just 10 minutes
- Quiz: Name the England starting XI vs Italy at Euro 2012
- QUIZ: Name England’s 2018 World Cup squad
- Can you get 100% in this quiz about dual-nationality footballers?
- Quiz: Name every EFL side with Town in their name
- Quiz: Guess the nickname of every Premier League club 2023-24
- QUIZ: Name all 50 of these 2010s Champions League players
- FootballJOE’s Career Path Quiz: #6
- Test your knowledge with yet another 2000s football quiz
- Only true Premier League aficionados will get full marks on this quiz
- QUIZ: We’re giving you two minutes to name these five Premier League footballers