Met police officer charged with sexually assaulting colleague while on duty
The alleged attack happened in 2020
A serving Metropolitan Police officer has been charged with sexually assaulting a colleague while he was on duty.
PC Joseph Demir was attending Hendon Training School when the alleged attack took place on 10 March 2020.
The incident was later reported on July 1, the Met said in a statement and he was charged on March 9.
He is scheduled to appear in front of Willesden Magistrates' Court on April 5.
"PC Demir, who has been placed on restricted duties, was charged following an investigation by the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards," a Met spokesperson said.
"A misconduct hearing will take place once criminal proceedings have concluded."
Last week a Police community support (PCSO) worker was arrested on suspicion of outraging public decency after he was filmed appearing to pleasure himself on a park bench while looking at his phone.
The PSCO, attached to the Met's Roads and Transport Policing Command, is now under investigation by the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards and a referral has also been made to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.
Last week, Sarah Everard's murderer Wayne Couzens was also charged with further counts of indecent exposure.
The former officer "intentionally exposed his genitals intending that someone would see them and be caused alarm and distress" just weeks before Everard's murder between January and February 2021, the charges allege.
Marking the anniversary of the daughter's murder on 3 March, her family wrote: "It is a year since Sarah died and we remember her today, as every day, with all our love. Our lives have changed forever and we live with the sadness of our loss. Sarah was wonderful and we miss her all the time.
"Over the past year, we have been overwhelmed with the kindness shown to us, not just by family and friends, but by the wider public. We are immensely grateful to everyone for their support, it has meant such a lot to us and has comforted us through this terrible time."
Couzens is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on April 13.
- Worcestershire dog attack: Two-year-old boy dies after incident in Egdon
- St Helen's dog attack: Breed that killed baby Bella-Rae finally confirmed
- Dad's heartbreaking last message to 'little princess' killed by family dog