Killers laughed and joked in McDonald's after stabbing boy to death 3 years ago

Killers laughed and joked in McDonald's after stabbing boy to death

They gleefully reenacted the attack

Minutes after stabbing a teenager to death a group of killers laughed and joked in a McDonald's, newly released CCTV footage shows.


The boys are shown running away from the scene of the attack, hiding the knife in a planter and reenacting how they stabbed 17-year-old Liam Hunt.

He was stabbed four times on St George's Street, Northampton, including in the neck, by the group on February 14 last year.

He was left to die in a pool of his own blood in an alleyway but eventually died in hospital.

One 17-year-old, who cannot be named, is seen in the CCTV gesturing to his neck, imitating the attack.

The gang left the McDonald’s in the Drapery, Northampton, and headed to St George’s Street where Liam was smoking with his friends.


He was repeatedly stabbed, kicked and had a brick thrown at him.

Five men were convicted at Northampton Crown Court for their part in Liam’s death and will be sentenced at a later date.

17-year-old Liam Hunt was stabbed four times (Credit: Northamptonshire Police)

Kane Allaban-Hamilton, 18, of Northampton, was found guilty of murder.


Lee Warren, 18, of Northampton, Aaron Joseph, 21, of Waltham Forest, London, and a 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named, were all found guilty of manslaughter.

On Friday May 11, Derice Wright, 18, from Abington, Northampton, pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

Aaron Joseph, 21, was found guilty of manslaughter.

(Credit: Northamptonshire Police)

A court heard Allaban-Hamilton stabbed Liam so forcefully, inflicting a fatal 7cm wound, his hand slipped onto the blade.

Joseph was accused of stabbing Liam in the leg. Witnesses heard him shouting: "Where’s my ting, where’s my shank."

Warren, who threw a brick during the fight, phoned witnesses from prison and told them to change their stories to lessen his involvement.


Senior Investigation Officer Detective Inspector Phil Mills, of Northamptonshire Police, said: "Liam was a young man, just 17 years old, with his whole future ahead of him.

"Not only did he lose his life in a senseless attack, his murder has caused pain and suffering to his family and friends from which they will never fully recover."