David Beckham hit with driving ban for using phone
Beckham was also hit with a fine and six points on his licence
David Beckham has been banned from driving for six months after using his mobile phone while at the wheel.
The former Manchester United and Real Madrid star pleaded guilty to using the handset while he was driving in central London in his Bentley on November 21, 2018.
A court was told that he was pictured using the phone by a member of the public as he drove through traffic at low speed.
As well as a six-month ban, the 44-year-old was fined £750 and has also received six points on his licence. He already had six points for previous speeding offences.
While it was acknowledged that Beckham had been driving in slow-moving traffic at the time, District Judge Catherine Moore told him there was "no excuse" under the law.
The former England captain was said to have been "operating a handheld device at knee level" while driving along Great Portland Street.
"Instead of looking straight forward, paying attention to the road he appeared to be looking at his lap," said Prosecutor Matthew Spratt.
Last September Beckham drew criticism after he exploited a legal loophole to avoid a speeding charge after it was noted that the official notice regarding his offence arrived a day late.