The official Game of Thrones tour has opened and it looks spectacular
This needs to come to the UK.
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until...hopefully, the official Game of Thrones tour arrives in the UK because this looks like heaven for any fans of the show.
Granted, we're not sure if abandoning your post to revel in the swords, sets, and costumes of the world's most beloved show is a strong enough reason to be thrown out of the Night's Watch, but it's a damn good excuse!
As reported previously, the official Game of Thrones touring exhibition has opened in Barcelona and it's a joy to behold.
Not only do you get to see all the various costumes, props, weapons, and armour - presumably with the blood cleaned off them- but you can also explore various locations.
For example, you can take an immersive trip through:
- The wintry landscapes of the North
- The tree-lined pathway of the Kingsroad
- The regal settings of King’s Landing
- The conquered city of Meereen with its garrisons of Unsullied warriors and the loyalists of House Targaryen
- Iconic settings like the House of Black and White
- The home of the Night’s Watch — Castle Black
- And the frozen lands Beyond the Wall
- The show-stopping centerpiece of the Iron Throne Room, where visitors can gaze upon the Westerosi seat of power in all its foreboding glory.
At present, the tour is stationed in Barcelona and tickets are priced at just €10. The Game of Thrones tour will be staying in Catalonia until January 7, but we're confident that it will make an appearance in the U.K.
In recent years, various Game of Thrones exhibitions and tours have been held in the UK - Game of Thrones: The Exhibition was held at The O2 - and we would be very surprised if this new tour didn't stop off on these shores.
The other global locations for Game of Thrones: The Touring Exhibition will be announced in the coming months and it's definitely worth keeping an eye on.
Take a look at what's in store.