BBC pull new show from schedule following sexual assault allegations
Ed Westwick's new television series has been pulled from the schedule by the BBC.
Following the recent allegations of sexual assault against the Gossip Girl actor, the broadcaster pulled Westwick's new series, Ordeal by Innocence, from its Christmas schedule.
The actor has also been "paused" from filming his comedy series White Gold, according to the BBC.
A spokesperson for the BBC said in a statement:
“These are serious allegations which Ed Westwick has strenuously denied.
"The BBC is not making any judgment, but until these matters are resolved we will not include ‘Ordeal by Innocence’ in the schedules.
"The independent production company making ‘White Gold’ has informed us that Ed Westwick has paused from filming while he deals with these allegations.”
It comes as the actor issued a statement on Thursday evening after a second woman accused him of sexual assault.
The 30-year-old was first accused of rape by actress Kristina Cohen earlier this week, which he came forward to deny.
On Wednesday night, former actress Aurélie Wynn took to social media to issue a statement about an alleged incident that happened in the British actor's rent house in 2014.
He took to social media on Thursday evening to deny the allegations, calling the claims "unverified and provably untrue".
In a statement, he said:
"It is disheartening and sad to me that as a result of two unverified and provably untrue social media claims, there are some in this environment who could ever conclude I have had anything to do with such vile and horrific conduct.
"I absolutely have not, and I am cooperating with the authorities so that they can clear my name as soon as possible."