
News
Share
Published 09:32 6 Jun 2026 BST
Updated 09:32 6 Jun 2026 BST
A former BBC presenter has been questioned by police after a woman accused him of sexually assaulting her on his programme.
The man in question is believed to be a household name and was reportedly questioned by police about acts of unwanted sexual touching on set between 2005 and 2006.
The man has since denied the claims made against him. Sources say he was even 'stunned' to find out he was being investigated.
According to The Mirror, the host was interviewed under caution last month.
"On Thursday, 14 May, a man was interviewed under caution," police confirmed to the publication.
"We remain in contact with the woman, and she continues to be supported by officers. Enquiries remain ongoing, and no arrests have been made at this stage."
In the meantime, a source told The Sun that the star is cooperating with police but continues to deny the allegations against him.
"Police have taken her complaint very seriously," they continued. ‘
"The presenter has not been arrested at this stage – but if he is, and if he’s charged, it will be a real bombshell.
"However, he maintains there’s no case to answer."
These allegations come only months after radio presenter Scott Mills stepped down from his Radio 2 breakfast show amid historic claims of sexual offences involving a teenager.
Mills is believed to be taking legal action against the BBC for his sacking.
A friend of Mills told the Daily Mail: "Scott is devastated, but he is also furious.
"He has lost not just his job but also something he loved over a police investigation, which was dropped many years ago. He has lawyers. They are aggressive, and they are determined to get justice for him."
Explore more on these topics:
Flights cancelled as EasyJet ceases all flight from UK airport
Flights from 5 January have been cancelled Easyjet announced ceasing all flights from a major UK airport at the beginning of next year. All flight tickets booked after 5 January have been cancelled as customers are being offered a refund or a free transfer. The famous orange, low-cost airline confirmed that it would cease all […]
News
5h
Lewes train derailment: Investigators reveal track ‘irregularity’
Investigation on last week’s derailment in East Sussex reveal new findings The Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) reported faults in tracks prior to the arrival of the train where the accident took place. The RAIB says that the track ‘geometrical irregularity” could be spotted on CCTV moments before the derailment. The train contained 150 people […]
News
5h
News
News