Tyson Fury verbally accepts comeback bout - "When I'm back I'll fight you first!"
Tyson Fury is on the comeback trail.
Having reportedly ballooned up to 350lbs in his time away from the ring, the former world champion is getting busy returning to fighting shape.
Fury recently insisted that he was aiming for a mid-May comeback but that date seems to have been slightly ambitious as there has been no concrete update since this optimistic tweet.
— DON TYSON FURY (@Tyson_Fury) March 6, 2017
There is no date in place for Fury's return but it seems like he has an opponent lined up after he came face-to-face with Manuel Charr at an event in Cologne this week.
Charr approached Fury in what initially seemed to be a cordial encounter, as the pair of heavyweights shook hands.
"Hey Tyson, you said you want to box again, here I am, I am the number 6 in the WBA ranking, you can fight me," Charr said.
But tempers quickly flared as Charr got too close for comfort and the undefeated Fury shoved him away, before accepting the challenge.
"I want to fight you diamond boy, whenever you want, though you're too small for me," Fury responded.
"When I'm back I'll fight you first, 100 per cent."
Fury hasn't fought since November 2015, when he dethroned Wladimir Klitschko via unanimous decision in Dusseldorf.
Can't blame him... https://t.co/sNhtfstHra
— SportsJOE (@SportsJOE_UK) April 5, 2017
Only last week, Klitschko's camp announced that the Ukrainian legend would not be pursuing a rematch with Fury, who remains one of the most polarising figures in boxing.
The controversial 28-year-old is currently training for his comeback after coming through a dark period in his life.
Before parting ways with his WBA, WBO, and IBO belts last year, Fury had admitted to using cocaine and suffering from depression.