The eight rules Xavi has implemented at Barcelona
Xavi wants to establish law and order at Barça
New Barcelona boss Xavi has been making his mark at Barcelona early on as he tries to resurrect the sinking ship they have become.
After his official unveiling to supporters of the club, the Spaniard went to address players where he unveiled a list of rules and regulations to the playing and coaching staff.
On the face of it, these rules aren't anything too major - if anything you'd expect them to be common courtesy - but given Barça's decline, a bit of law and order might be helpful in bringing the glory days back to the Camp Nou.
As per Spanish outlet Diario AS, these are the rules that have been brought in:
- Players must arrive for training at least an hour and a half early.
- Staff must arrive at least two hours early.
- Players must eat at Cuitat Esportiva.
- Fines will be in place for lateness and will multiply per offence.
- No arriving home after midnight within 48 hours of a game.
- Starting spots awarded completely based on performances in training - no guarantees for any players.
- Risky activities (surfing, etc.) are prohibited during the season.
- Players must represent Barcelona properly whether they are around the club or away on holiday.
Hopefully everybody can take the advice on board and not get caught catching the waves at one of Barcelona's beaches.
The rules were announced during Xavi's first training session which took place on Tuesday (9 November), however due to the international break, many of the regular first-team squad were away with their countries.
But when they come back they know the hard work will really start, with Xavi's first game in charge against city rivals Espanyol as they look to climb up the La Liga table.
- Xavi confirmed as the new Barcelona manager
- Gerard Pique told Barça president ‘nothing bad would happen’ if Messi left
- Xavi reportedly set to pay his own release clause to return to Barcelona