Teen who died after taking ecstasy at Manchester party previously lost two siblings to cot death 4 years ago

Teen who died after taking ecstasy at Manchester party previously lost two siblings to cot death

It has emerged today that the mother of a 17-year-old girl who died over the Bank Holiday weekend in a Manchester nightclub previously lost two other children to cot death.

Faye Allen, originally from Liverpool, was reportedly visiting an event called #Don’tLetDaddyKnow with her boyfriend at the Victoria Warehouse.

According to The Telegraph, Faye ingested a “MasterCard” ecstasy tablet and suffered adverse affects. She died in hospital after collapsing in the nightclub.

Detectives have arrested a 19-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman in the St Helens area on suspicion of possession with intent to supply a Class A drug.

Newspapers today are reporting the previous tragic events in the Allen family. In 2004, when Faye was only five years old, her 23-month-old brother Jordon died. Just four weeks later tragedy struck again when Faye’s 18-week-old sister Neve died.

At an inquest into he deaths, heartbroken mother Maxine gave evidence stating the family had a history of epilepsy.


A coroners verdict stated the deaths were of natural causes. Maxine has another son, now 18, who also suffers from epilepsy.

Faye’s boyfriend’s father spoke to the Manchester Evening News about the teens fatal reaction to ecstasy:

"They are a couple of young lovers who have gone to a club. Faye took a pill for the first time and disaster has struck. The whole family are absolutely devastated.

"We don't know how we are going to look after each other. Faye was her mother's best friend and she doted on her brother and sister and her boyfriend. She loved to look after her disabled brother and her younger sister. She was such a smiley and warm, loving girl."

Tributes to Faye have poured in on Facebook with friends remarking that the incident was “out of character”.

A spokesperson for the venue where the weekend party was held said:

"Victoria Warehouse can confirm that an incident took place at the venue in the early hours of Monday, May 2, involving a female who later died in hospital.

"We are currently working closely with Greater Manchester Police with regard to this on-going investigation, and as such, we are not able to make any further comment at this time. The Victoria Warehouse would like to convey our deepest sympathies to the family of the deceased, and will continue to assist GMP with their enquiries."

Police have urged anyone who may have taken the drug to seek urgent medical attention.