Man dies on flight after ingesting 246 bags of cocaine
The flight was forced to make an emergency landing after the man began to have seizures
A Japanese man has died on a plane after ingesting more than 200 bags of cocaine.
The man, identified by authorities as Udo N, ingested 246 bags in total, later dying of a cerebral edema - swelling of the brain - caused by a drug overdose.
According to the BBC, the 42-year-old was on a flight bound for Narita International Airport in Japan, having initially flown from Bogotá, Colombia.
During the flight, he began to suffer from convulsions.
As a result of the seizures, the plane was forced to make an emergency landing in Mexico's Sonora state.
The subsequent autopsy discovered that the man had swallowed 246 packets of cocaine, each measuring 1cm by 2.5cm.
⭕️ Autopsia revela que fueron 246 envoltorios de narcóticos en el cuerpo del pasajero de origen japonés, lo que le ocasionó la muere en el aeropuerto de #Hermosillo.
🔗 Detalles 👉 https://t.co/xlO4FzOKo0 pic.twitter.com/aM59e1gqg4
— #FGJESonora (@fgjesonora) May 26, 2019