Mac Miller's death confirmed as 'accidental overdose' 1 year ago

Mac Miller's death confirmed as 'accidental overdose'

The rapper was found dead in his room at his home in San Fernando Valley in September

The L.A. County Coroner's Office has released its toxicology findings and confirmed the cause of Mac Miller's death.

According to the report Mac died from "mixed drug toxicity" with fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol found in his system.

The Coroner has categorised his death as an accidental overdose.


These are the details of the report according to TMZ:

  • Mac Miller's assistant found him unresponsive on his bed in a "praying position", kneeling forward and his face resting on his knees. The assistant described him as already being "blue" when he phoned 911.
  • There was a small abrasion on the bridge of his nose and blood coming out of one nostril.
  • An empty bottle of alcohol was found on the nightstand and a bottle of prescription pills was found in the bathroom. The list of pills recovered in the home includes Xanax, oxycodone, hydrocodone, and Adderall.
  • Police found a rolled-up $20 bill with white powdery residue in Miller's right pocket and an iPad in his home studio had "linear white powdery residue" on it. There were 2 small bags found with the white powder.

According to reports, the amount of each drug was not necessarily a lethal amount, but the combination is what killed him.