
News
Share
Published 14:43 20 Dec 2020 GMT

Rishi Sunak was, of course, the man behind the government's now ill-fated 'Eat Out To Help Out' scheme. Launched in July when restrictions were eased in the UK, it was aimed at helping the hospitality industry recover from the first six months of lockdown.
However, as cases of Covid-19 began to spike, the scheme began to draw criticism. Research from the University of Warwick found that between eight and 17 percent of second-wave Covid-19 cases could be linked to the reopening of pubs and restaurants.
Last week, Sunak announced that the 2021 Budget will be outlined at the beginning of March. In it, the Chancellor is expected to reveal further government measures aimed at tackling the impact of the pandemic. The furlough Job Retention Scheme has already been extended until the end of April 2021.Explore more on these topics:
Professor Arday told University of Cambridge professor he ‘couldn’t go on’, hours before his death
‘He was being subjected to relentless scrutiny’ Professor Jason Arday reportedly told a friend that he “couldn’t go on”, just hours before he passed away. The former University of Cambridge professor was pronounced dead Friday, after emergency services were called to Daley Thompson Way in Battersea. Emergency services responded just after 3pm on Friday, following […]
News
2 days ago
Man spends night on ‘deadliest island in UK’ uninhabited for almost a century
The island hides a deadly secret Not many would consider this Island for their summer vacation, however one Youtuber spent a night on the ‘toxic’ island. Situated between Garilock and Ullapool is a small island named Gruinard Island. Widely known as ‘Anthrax Island’, it was, at one point, the deadliest island within the UK. The […]
News
2 days ago
News
Police issue update after train derails in Essex one day after East Sussex incident
News