
News

Share
17th February 2026
03:50pm GMT
Shia LaBeouf has been arrested in New Orleans, as per reports from the US.
The 39-year-old actor has been attracting plenty of attention in recent days for a bar crawl through the city's French Quarter which has supposedly lasted several days across Mardi Gras celebrations.
Employees at a number of bars claimed to The Hollywood Reporter that the actor turned up shirtless "inebriated" and without any cash, dropping the classic "do you know who I am?" line to a few staff members.
Another said that he was "somewhat belligerent" while someone else said he was "terrorising the city".

The Hollywood Reporter claims that employees at bars allege that LaBeouf had been out on a bar crawl since Thursday.
LaBeouf was then arrested after allegedly getting involved in a fight during these celebrations in the early hours of Tuesday 17 February.
According to court records, LaBeouf is facing two charges of simple battery.
Shia LaBeouf has a history of addiction and run-ins with the law.
In 2014, he was arrested in New York City and charged with disorderly conduct, harassment and criminal trespass.
He sought outpatient treatment for alcoholism soon after.
The trespassing and harassment charges were dropped while he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct.
Three years later he was arrested in Savannah, Georgia, for public intoxication, disorderly conduct, and obstruction Bodycam footage showed him making ‘profanity-laced racial remarks’ towards police officers during his arrest.
He was found guilty of obstruction but not guilty of public intoxication.
He was sentenced to probation for one year and ordered to pay a $1,000 fine as well as seek therapy to manage his anger and substance use issues.
In 2020 he was also charged with misdemeanour battery and petty theft for his involvement in an altercation with a man.
He pleaded not guilty and had his charges dropped after taking part in a diversion program.
Explore more on these topics: