Two UK airports named in a list of the airports with the most scenic landings
High praise indeed.
London City Airport and Barra Airport has been named a list of the airports with the most scenic landings in the whole world, according to the 2017 edition of the annual scenic airports poll by PrivateFly, a global booking service for private jet charter and private aircraft hire.
Thousands of travellers around the globe, including a panel of expert judges from across the travel industry, voted in this year’s poll, with London City Airport placing sixth on a list of over 120 airports to receive a mention.
Barra Airport, at the northern tip of the island of Barra in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland, has also made the top 10.
Here's the list in full.
Top 10 most scenic airport approaches in the world
- Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport, Saba
- Donegal Airport, Ireland
- Nice Côte d'Azur Airport, France
- Gibraltar Airport, Gibraltar
- Queenstown Airport, New Zealand
- London City Airport, United Kingdom
- Maarten Airport, Caribbean
- Orlando Melbourne Airport, USA
- Barra Airport, United Kingdom
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada