PMQs: Dominic Raab winks at Angela Rayner as deputies clash over strikes
'I will never unsee Dominic Raab’s wink from the despatch box at Angela Rayner', Labour’s Toby Perkins said
Standing in for Boris Johnson, the deputy prime minister said "Champagne socialism is back in the Labour Party" in a dig over the party's muted response to the strikes.
He accused Rayner of having “flip-flopped” in her position on the railway walk-out, adding: “She talks about working people. Where was she when the comrades were on the picket line last Thursday?
“Where was she when the Labour front bench were joining them rather than standing up for the public?
“She was at the Glyndebourne music festival sipping champagne, listening to opera."
— PoliticsJOE (@PoliticsJOE_UK) June 29, 2022
His move sparked ridicule from politicians and pundits including Labour’s Toby Perkins who said: “I will never unsee Dominic Raab’s wink from the despatch box at Angela Rayner. I feel soiled.”
SNP MP John Nicolson added: “All feels a bit cosy between Dominic Raab and Angela Rayner what with the winks and grins. Very Westminster.”
- Dominic Raab doesn't want to make the right to choose a human right
- Rochdale sex grooming gang member begs judge not to deport him as his 'son needs role model'
- Chilling footage shows moment brothers slash police officers during shopping centre knife attack
- CCTV shows terrifying moment confessed killer tries to carry out a 'massacre' of his neighbours
- Shocking CCTV captures teen being chased through streets before being murdered with 'Rambo knife'