Woman almost dies after high-cut jeans give her a wedgie 1 week ago

Woman almost dies after high-cut jeans give her a wedgie

Self-inflicted atomic wedgie

A woman in North Carolina has told her followers on TikTok about a shocking story involving her high-waisted jean shorts and a trip to the intensive care unit.

Advertisement

Three years ago, Sam, 25, was going out on a date and started to notice she was feeling particularly uncomfortable around her, well, arse area.

She didn't think much of it at the time and just tried to enjoy her date but when she woke up the morning after, she realised all was not well.

You can hear her explain the whole thing in detail on her account, @imtoooldtobeonthisdown, below:

@imtoooldtobeonthis #greenscreen moral of the story: tight shorts are OUT! #CurameChoreo #fypシ #storytime #ShowYourGlow #fyp #PepsiApplePieChallenge ♬ original sound - Sarah Cothran

Speaking to BuzzFeed on her unfortunate and lucky escape, she explained: "The timeline goes like this: I went on a full day-date with this guy I was newly dating, and realized I was wearing very uncomfortable clothes." Sam had essentially pulled her jean shorts up too high and the resultant wedgie has caused a lesion.

Advertisement

She goes on to explain: "I felt very sore and then started feeling ill — just not 100%. That night, I noticed that I had a large bump where the chafing had occurred, and as time went on, it started becoming more painful. The pain was isolated to one spot and it felt like a throbbing, stabbing pain." She was initially prescribed some antibiotics and sent on her way.

However, the morning after receiving the prescription, Sam suddenly went into what she later found out was septic shock after getting cellulitis - a deep infection of the skin - and was rushed to the emergency room. At one point, she even faced what is known as 'debridement surgery', i.e. having the infected part of the bum cut off.

Sam in the ICU as her mum posts a selfie Her mum was able to have a sense of humour about it (Credit: TikTok/imtoooldtobeonthis)

Luckily, the doctors were able to attend to her in time and although she may have had her pride bruised by "Constantly having to show my a$$ dance to doctors every day" - she was able to recover in the ICU, avoid surgery and live to tell the pretty scary albeit mildly amusing story.

Advertisement

A wild and unexpected warning for all those who put fashion before comfort.

Related links: