4 years ago
Your life at primary school vs your life at secondary school
1. In primary school: The toughest English lessons got was reading about the adventures of Biff and Chip.
In secondary school: You thought you'd never see the end of this fucking anthology.
Image: Twitter: @AshleighTanya
2. In primary school: You messed around by covering your hands with PVA glue, letting it dry, and then peeling it off again.
Image: Twitter: @shelbyyvacc
In secondary school: You messed around by secretly listening to music during lessons using some clever headphone work.
3. In primary school: These were the only school shoes you wanted, and they somehow gave you a tanky amount of power when you kicked a football.
In secondary school: You'd have the piss taken out of you if you wore anything like that, and had to go for something like these instead (which were way worse for football).
4. In primary school: You probably had your lunch of sandwiches, a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar (usually a Club, a Penguin or a Gold Bar) from a lunchbox like this.
In secondary school: It was all about the generic school dinner curries, gloopy spag bol, and plates of food like this.
Image: Instagram: @krishnalondon
5. In primary school: The naughtiest thing anyone ever did in the toilets was throw wet toilet paper and stick it to the ceiling.
Image: Twitter: @iamLaurieD / @hmumyles
In secondary school: Kids would have a sneaky fag in the cubicles during lunch break.
Image: Twitter: @LadiSpeaks
6. In primary school: Being picked to write on the overhead projector was pretty much the most exciting thing that could ever happen to you.
Image: Wikimedia Commons
In secondary school: For some reason they let you loose with things like Bunsen Burners and flasks of corrosive acid.
Image: Twitter: @StBedesScience
7. In primary school: The worst thing about PE was having to do exercises on these mats, which were somehow harder than the actual floor.
In secondary school: The fucking beep test. Enough said.
8. In primary school: You got to sing all the fun hymns, like "He's Got the Whole World in his Hands" and "You Shall Go Out With Joy".
In secondary school: You probably mimed along to all the hymns because it wasn't cool to sing along any more.
Image: Twitter: @jjmarlow
9. In primary school: Looking for a great mark? All you needed were some mad WordArt skills and maybe a tea-stained piece of homework (if it was a history project).
Image: Microsoft Word
In secondary school: It was all about seeing how much of SparkNotes you could copy without getting found out.
10. In primary school: You got fed up spending ages waiting around after school every day while your mum chatted to all the other mums.
Image: Twitter: @WoodlandAcademy
In secondary school: You got fed up spending ages waiting around after school for the bus which was always late.
11. In primary school: You had to do all your sport in these (which hurt like hell to kick a ball with).
In secondary school: You'd stretch the PE uniform code as far as you could, and try to get away with wearing your team's football shirt.
Image: Twitter: @ZacWadders18
12. In primary school: Your future was decided by these things.