3 years ago
Phones in the '00s vs. Phones today
1. Phone size in the '00s: I want a phone so tiny I could swallow it and not even choke.
Photo: Village Roadshow Productions
Phone size today: GIVE ME A SCREEN AS BIG AS MY HEAD!
Photo: live.drjays.com / JOE
2. Ringtones in the '00s: The first thing you'd do when you got a new phone was go through every single ringtone multiple times until you settled on the perfect one.
Photo: YouTube / JOE
Ringtones today: The default ringtone will be your ringtone for the rest of its days (but it'll always be set to vibrate anyway).
Photo: cydiaposts.com / JOE
3. Mobile games in the '00s: Snake was the only mobile game that mattered. It was also the only game.
Mobile games today: They have made a whole fucking movie about a mobile game where you throw birds at pigs.
Photo: Rovio Animation / JOE
4. Smashing your phone in the '00s: Throw it off a skyscraper, put it in a blender, feed it to a tiger, and run it over with a truck – still works.
Photo: faxo.com / thereifixedit.com
Smashing your phone today: Drop it from a foot high – fucked.
5. Phone battery in the '00s: 12 hours without charging...
Phone battery today: 12 minutes without charging...
6. Taking selfies in the '00s: It's all about that mirror flash.
Photo: Twitter: @TheMikeDaSilva
Taking selfies now: LOOK AT ME I'M A FUCKING DOG!
Photo: Twitter: @shauna_w_
7. Going on the internet in the '00s: *Accidentally clicks on WAP* Oh fuck no!
Photo: YouTube / JOE
Going on the internet now: *Accidentally likes Instagram photo from 70 weeks ago* Oh fuck no!
Photo: Twitter: @0fficialDonald
8. Texting in the '00s: "Hi wuu2? Bored of homework lol."
Photo: digitaldeconstruction.com / JOE
Texting today: What the fuck are you texting me for? Get WhatsApp like a normal person.
9. Music on your phone in the '00s: Creating your own bangers in mono using nothing but your keyboard.
Music on your phone today: You have to have at least three different apps to be able to listen to all your favourite artists.
10. Getting around using your phone in the '00s: "Mum, hi, it's me... I'm really lost..."
Photo: pandasecurity.com / JOE
Getting around using your phone today: *Gets an Uber to the corner shop*
Photo: Twitter: @WhatsTrending
11. When someone rang you in the '00s: *Answers phone*
Photo: cancer.gov / JOE