Man calls police to report truck that he nicked has been stolen again
Well done, you played yourself
A man in Ohio who had his truck stolen has been arrested after police learned he himself had stolen the truck less than a week earlier.
Brett Rudd, 36, had his truck stolen from a gas station by a passenger in the vehicle
When police caught up with the vehicle, the suspect, identified as David Harrison, ran from the vehicle. He was eventually arrested in a nearby residential area, WHIO-TV reports.
But police later realised Rudd himself had nicked the truck just five days earlier on May 4.
According to an incident report from the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office, the vehicle was taken from a landscaping company in Powell.
Both Rudd and Harrison have been charged with receiving stolen property.
- Local conservative club's wrestling 'death match' probed by police
- Rapper Wiley being hunted by police after he failed to show up at court
- Man dramatically dies of heart attack while burying girlfriend in garden
- Man miraculously survives being hit by train but is left with half a hand
- Google Earth snitches and reveals 'stolen bike' stash so large it can be seen from above