Eddie Hall shares his favourite exercise for gaining super strength
As the 2017 World's Strongest Man, Eddie Hall's weight training wisdom is among the very best
For years, the world of strongman was dominated by two men - Brian Shaw and Zydrunas Savickas. Hall broke up that duopoly, culminating in his 2017 crown.
Hall's staple lifts include a 500kg deadlift, performed in 2016, which caused blood vessels in his face to burst. He also put up a hugely impressive 130kg log press when I trained with him back in May 2018.
Now, Hall has taken to YouTube to share details of his favourite exercise for developing power and strength.
This lift is called the Dumbbell Tricep Extension. It targets all heads of the tricep muscle, but mainly the long head.
Dumbbell Tricep Extension: How To
- Pick two dumbbells of equal weight
- Bring the dumbbells up overhead
- Bend at the elbows so the weights hang down behind your head, you should feel a stretch at the lowest part
- Straighten your arms to bring the dumbbells up, keeping your elbows tucked in and pointed towards the ceiling
The Dumbbell Tricep Extension is an effective assistance lift for heavy compound exercises such as the bench press and overhead press.
Hall chose not to compete in last year's World's Strongest Man event, with the 2018 title instead going to Hafthor Björnsson - aka The Mountain from Game of Thrones.
Instead, the Stoke man has concentrated his efforts on expanding the digital arm of strongman and undergoing his own fat loss transformation.
When competing at World's Strongest Man, Hall weighed 194kg. Over the past 12 months, he's lost an incredible 30 kilograms.
Even Arnold stopped to admire the big man's weight loss efforts. Not bad praise, coming from a former Mr. Olympia.
- Don't have the time to train? Give this 10 minute workout a go
- This American football player is 1.6% body fat - we asked a doctor if that is healthy
- How Anthony Yarde uses bodyweight training to get in shape for a fight
- The Mountain from Game of Thrones breaks his own deadlift record - twice in one week
- Sheamus from WWE gets shredded after making one simple change to his diet