21 iconic moments that made Ocarina of Time the game of the 90s
No one's going to argue that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time isn't a great game.
They'd be foolish to, because no one in their right mind would ever take that position, not when there is so much evidence to the contrary. The game came out in 1998 but it's still the benchmark for what can be done in a single player game. The reasons for this are too many to mention, because Ocarina of Time is much more than the sum of its parts.
These are just a few selected highlights, but honestly, there are so many that it would be much too much of a do to include them all. The only thing to do is dust off your N64 and settle down for the best adventure of your life.
1. That melancholic opening
You can hear the music in your head right now, can't you?
2. Link's nightmarish premonition of things to come
3. Defeating your first boss
Suck on that, Gohma.
4. The death of the Great Deku Tree
5. Meeting Saria on the bridge and leaving the forest behind
:'( :'( :'(
6. Stepping out into Hyrule Field for the first time
7. But not before running into this guy
Which sick fuck at Nintendo swapped the answers around?
8. Diving from the waterfall in Zora's Domain
9. Making Darunia dance to your beat
10. Getting the Master Sword
11. And becoming an adult for the first time
12. Stealing Epona from Lon Lon Ranch
13. Fighting that bastard Dark Link
14. Jumping across Gerudo Valley
15. Being attacked by ReDeads
Which was not at all sexual and was, in fact, very terrifying.
16. Sheik revealing her true identity
17. Having the shit scared out of you by Twinrova
Goddamn, this game gets dark.
18. Playing tennis with Ganondorf
19. Having the shit scared even further out of you when Ganondorf transforms into Ganon
20. Then absolutely battering the bastard
21. Sealing Ganondorf away forever... or maybe not
Oh, and one more thing.
FUCK THE WATER TEMPLE