I'm A Celebrity contestants removed from set as show cancelled for two nights due to Storm Arwen 2 months ago

I'm A Celebrity contestants removed from set as show cancelled for two nights due to Storm Arwen

Storm Arwen has wreaked havoc at the castle.

The I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here contestants have had to be removed from the set of the show after it suffered damage during Storm Arwen.

Advertisement

Along with the celebs being removed from Gwrych castle, Conway, the weekend editions of the show have been cancelled. ITV said this was because of "technical difficulties caused by extreme weather."

On Friday, the show had to be pre-recorded for the first time due to Storm Arwen, with hosts Ant and Dec pre-recording all of their studio segments, and no live vote taking place for a trial.

In a statement the show said: "Owing to technical difficulties caused by extreme weather conditions in the area, there will be no new episodes of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! this weekend (Saturday and Sunday).

"I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! will be replaced tonight and tomorrow night in the ITV schedules by compilation shows (voiced by Ant & Dec) featuring best moments from previous series."

Later on Saturday, the show announced that the camp mates had been removed from the castle.

Storm Arwen has caused disruption across Wales and other parts of the United Kingdom over the weekend. So far, three people have sadly died as a result of the extreme weather.

The cancellation of Saturday and Sunday's shows is the latest blow for show bosses, with contestant Richard Madeley already having left I'm A Celebrity after falling ill and having to go to hospital. This meant he had broken the Covid bubble and therefore could not return to camp.

Advertisement

Related links:

Richard Madeley will still get six figure paycheck for I’m A Celeb appearance

Puppy dies as Storm Arwen rips roof off rescue centre

I’m A Celeb bosses ‘fear mass walkout’ as three stars have medical treatment, report says