Ed Westwick has been cleared of all charges following sexual assault allegations
Ed Westwick will not face prosecution over three charges of sexual assault and rape in the United States.
Today, the Los Angeles District Attorney said they will not be prosecuting the actor due to insufficient evidence; leaving them with not enough information to pursue allegations.
The Gossip Girl star was accused of rape by two women and sexual assault by another. According to TMZ, the three alleged victims accused the actor of sexual assault three times in 2014.
The first case came to light in November 2017, when Kristina Cohen posted a detailed status outlining exactly what Westwick "did to her." The second case was from another woman, former actor Aurélie Wynn, while the third case was dropped earlier this year by an anonymous woman who claimed he touched her inappropriately. This case was dropped when police were not able to contact the woman for a follow-up investigation.
When the first accusation came to light, the 30-year-old actor quickly denied the claim straight away on his Instagram saying:
“I have never forced myself in any manner, on any woman, I certainly have never committed rape.”
This status was then followed by another when the second claim by another woman was put forward, Westwick said:
“It is disheartening and sad to me that as a result of two unverified and probably untrue social media claims, there are some in this environment who could ever conclude that I have had anything to do with such vile and horrific conduct.”
Westwick soon after deleted this tweet. However, it was only today, July 27, that the star was cleared of all three charges and will not be prosecuted.