Adebayo Akinfenwa keeps his 'strongest' title for FIFA 17 - but is fuming about another detail
A wise man once said there are three constants in this world: death, taxes and Adebayo Akinfenwa being the strongest player on EA Sports' FIFA series of games.
The Wycombe Wanderers striker, who gave a shout-out to chicken after retaining the honour last season, has once more been named the strongest player as the developer releases its stats for the upcoming FIFA 17 release.
Akinfenwa is one of three UK-based players in the top 10, along with Colchester United defender George Elokobi and Stoke City frontman Wilfried Bony, who joined on loan from Manchester City on transfer deadline day.
— Futhead (@Futhead) September 9, 2016
Akinfenwa's physicality rating of 80 leaves him outside the top 10, which is led by Marouane Fellaini (90), and Hearts' Callum Paterson (also 90), among others.
His overall rating of 64 is the same as on FIFA 16, but his pace has dropped four points, from 49 to 45, while his dribbling and passing stats have also dropped off from year to year.
And that has not gone unnoticed by the 34-year-old, who left AFC Wimbledon last summer after helping them secure promotion to League 1.
The top 10 strongest players on FIFA 17 are as follows, complete with their overall ratings:
10. Kendall Waston – Vancouver Whitecaps – 74
9. Florian Ballas - FSV Frankfurt – 67
8. Colin Bonner – FC Dallas – 60
7. Hakeem Araba - Falkenbergs FF – 62
6. Jannik Vestergaard – Borussia Monchengladbach – 79
5. Wilfried Bony – Stoke City – 81
4. Abdoul Ba – RC Lens – 65
3. Roman Torres – Seattle Sounders – 72
2. George Elokobi – Colchester United – 63
1. Adebayo Akinfenwa - Wycombe Wanderers – 64