
News
Share
Published 10:57 11 May 2022 BST
Updated 11:11 11 May 2022 BST

The first day of the trial between Rebekah Vardy and Coleen Rooney got underway on Tuesday at London's High Court (Chris J Ratcliffe/Getty)[/caption]
Sherborne asked her if she respected people's privacy, to which Vardy replied: "Yes I do."
Rooney's lawyer then showed her the article and read out the headline "Peter’s hung like a small chipolata, shaved, slobbery, lasts five minutes,” the Mirror reports.
Sherborne went on to read out excerpts from the piece, including lines such as "he had the smallest trouser equipment I’ve ever seen” and managed “just five minutes of sex with Rebekah”.
Sherborne argued that at the time of the interview the News of the World had been the highest-circulating newspaper in the country, with a readership of around four million people.
He asked Vardy whether giving the interview had been "respectful" of Andre's "right not to share this information."
She replied: “I was forced into a situation by my ex-husband to do this and it is something that I deeply regret. It is not nice to read and I understand why this is being used – to me, this is mudslinging, and I was also threatened with mudslinging by Mrs Rooney’s team.”
She admitted that she had not asked Andre for his permission or warned him that the story was going to happen.
Sherborne asked her: “Did you feel particularly strongly about the size of his manhood that it should be made public?”
Vardy said it was something she had been "forced to say."
The trial continues on Wednesday and is expected to last seven days.
Related links:
Explore more on these topics:
Flights cancelled as EasyJet ceases all flight from UK airport
Flights from 5 January have been cancelled Easyjet announced ceasing all flights from a major UK airport at the beginning of next year. All flight tickets booked after 5 January have been cancelled as customers are being offered a refund or a free transfer. The famous orange, low-cost airline confirmed that it would cease all […]
News
9h
Lewes train derailment: Investigators reveal track ‘irregularity’
Investigation on last week’s derailment in East Sussex reveal new findings The Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) reported faults in tracks prior to the arrival of the train where the accident took place. The RAIB says that the track ‘geometrical irregularity” could be spotted on CCTV moments before the derailment. The train contained 150 people […]
News
9h
News
News