News

Share
27th November 2022
04:30pm GMT

Melania Trump, Prince Andrew, Gwendolyn Beck and Jeffrey Epstein at a party at the Mar-a-Lago club, Palm Beach, Florida, in February 2000.[/caption]
Andrew, reports on Sunday suggested, is understood to be complaining about the decision to drop his security detail to the Met Police and Home Office, as he will have to foot the bill himself.
A source told the Sun on Sunday: "He is going to write to the Home Office and the Met Police to complain about losing his taxpayer-funded security."
Andrew stepped down from public life in 2019 over his friendship with Epstein, and was stripped of his honorary military roles, including Colonel of the Grenadier Guards.
Paul Page, a former armed protection officer who served the Royal Family for six years, claimed Andrew was a "horrible little man" who has "questions to answer" about his friendship with Epstein and convicted sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell.
Speaking to The Sun earlier this year, Page said: "Andrew has questions to answer – but I don’t think he will ever be in a position where he will have to answer them because of who he is.
"He’s got the 'HRH' title in front of his name, Ghislaine hasn’t – where is she? Jail. Where is he? At home.
"He’s a self absorbed, obnoxious, horrible little man who is disrespectful to those below him."
Related links:
Explore more on these topics: